Saturday, May 29, 2010

Business Decisions

I have had a better week and have decided to carry on in business as I had planned.


I have thought a lot about my options and what I want.

My realizations are as follows:

I love photography. I have always loved photography. I want to never stop loving photography. In my pursuit of learning, I have encountered so many frustrations that sometimes I have wanted to stop, but I have carried on.

However, I am easily overwhelmed. I don't deal with stress well. I know this about myself and I need to live accordingly. I can't allow stress to be the straw that breaks the photographer's back. Therefore, I cannot allow sharing my photography to become one of the things that overwhelms me. I have to stick to my guns, and do this in a manageable way, or I am not going to be able to share.

I also cannot take on more than I can guarantee my health will handle. We still do not have a diagnosis, and I am still in pursuit of one.

I have been doing photography for quite some time, and I have always done it for free. I believe that people should not pay me in order for me to learn. So I have never charged. And I have turned away a lot of requests for photos.

As I have grown, so have the requests for my images. And because I know the value of having beautiful memories, it always pained me to say no. But I can only spend so much time away from my family without compensation. And to be honest, the more I know, the more time it takes.


What I want to do with Molly Alisa Photography is to turn less people away. I want to be set up to take on people's sessions; I want to be prepared to deal with business. I have been working on this for months.

  • I have decided on how many sessions a month I will be taking on. They will be filled on a first-come first serve basis.

  • I will not be offering specials anymore after my Opening Special, which has been my compensation to the clients that are allowing me to practice aspects of business I could only practice after I began charging.

My goal is not to have a huge business. It is only to share. I love children, and I believe there is nothing more precious, fleeting, or beautiful. I am feeling the next step, even in my own growth, is to reach out--and help other families cherish these special people that will be grown in a blink.


I so much appreciate the support of everyone that reads my blog. Thank you for understanding my limitations!


~Molly

1 comment: