Friday, April 2, 2010

My Knight in Plastic Armor



It's been a rough two days with him, so I need to focus on the things about him that warm my heart.

What a strong, soft-hearted, determined little boy he is. He loves his sister more than I could have ever expected or asked him to. He is helpful, and always grabs me a tissue or my shoes if I ask.

He has a great laugh. And honestly, his smile is the most gorgeous smile I have ever seen in my life.

I remember holding him when he was a baby, and crying because I couldn't keep him that way. I have this issue with time... and it always bothers me that I can never press pause.

But looking at him now, I wouldn't go back if given the chance. Watching him grow and learn is so rewarding. He is so engaged in his surroundings, and excited about life. He soaks up everything he hears and sees. And he is good at everything he tries. It just amazes me.


He is my buddy. And I have been so blessed to have him placed in my care.

He is my little tiny knight. Brave and strong and good. And I love him.


Even on days like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment