Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Randomness




We had a nice day yesterday, except that Ellis wasn't feeling well and was very grumpy. But she took an early nap, which I am never against, so we'll call it even.

We started out the morning w/ McDonald's breakfast. I'm embarrassed to say that an Egg McMuffin and a Diet Coke has to be my all-time favorite meal. And the kids have taken a liking to pancakes with chocolate milk. No surprise there. Now and then it can't hurt, right? Just don't tell my organic mom. lol.







We also went to Once Upon a Child to shop for Ellis's birthday outfit. And I did find a beautiful Baby Lulu outfit for $12! It will be perfect... but you're going to have to wait for her birthday to see it.

I cleaned the bathrooms and did 4 loads of laundry. The kids played. Asa got himself grounded from TV for the day, but this isn't abnormal in the life of a three year old. At least the three-year-olds I have cared for.

While doing the laundry, I noticed that there is evidence of my addiction to socks.

They are one of my favorite things to buy, and during the winter, I go through several pairs a day. And at the end of folding laundry, I have about three times as many pairs to be put away as any other given member of my family. It made me laugh. So I took a picture. So it goes.





I've had things to write about lately, but it seems that I don't have enough brain time to myself for me to even hang on to them.

I really should start a little note on my iPhone where I can jot down thoughts and return to it when I have a moment to type.

I have been considering starting a paper journal again, for my own private thoughts. I miss scribbling w/ a pen. I miss seeing my own handwriting.


I am getting anxious to get the business ball rolling. But I am so bad at tying up those lose ends, which are really all I'm waiting for. The sun is shining today and we did not wear our heavy winter coats to the grocery store. It's not a great day for photos but it makes me excited to do outdoor photos again... Well, for more than ten minutes. And that isn't too far off! It feels exciting.





3 comments:

  1. Far be I from an Organic Whole Foods hippy like our mother...but that stuff will kill you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the bacon biscuit and sweet tea for breakfast! I could eat it everyday all day! mmmmmm....and my kids? they love the pancakes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your blog, Molly! Your photos are beautiful, as always =) I have to confess- Lowell and I are HUGE fans of egg McMuffins too....but diet coke??? ICK! lol =P You inspired me to try blogging again, it's been a few years since I tried. Look forward to hearing about your "day-to-day." God bless you and your lovely family! ~*Ashley

    ReplyDelete