Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Old Friends, New Friends. "Did he just say this place is awesome?"





So a few weeks ago, my dad helped Asa find my brother's Ninja Turtles action figures.

What was so new and exciting to my three year old sure brought back a lot of memories for me. I dug in to my parents' attic for awhile, greeting the faces of many old friends.

It's amazing to me, when I run across the toys I spent so many hours with as a child, how much they bring back to my mind; and how they still make me smile, and feel those happy feelings playing with them years ago did.

So my son made some new friends, and I said a "hey, how are ya?" to some old ones.





It's also funny to me that I have more memories of playing with my brother's toys than I do of playing with my own.



We were at Dawson's Dogs a few days later. Asa was excited because he got a fruit roll up and basically junk food for lunch. He said something to let me know he liked it there and the next minute, the lady that had taken our orders was taking a seat at our table and asking, "Did he just say this play is awesome?" I told her I wasn't sure but something like that.

But Asa was adamant. "I didn't say that mom! I didn't say that!" He said it over and over. I think he was feeling bashful. So adorable.

To this day, he maintains his innocence.





Ellis's birthday was wonderful.

She is our little princess.







The weather is improving... and the kids are loving it.

Today was absolute weather perfection, but Asa was too sick to go out most of the day. He did play on the porch with the cat for awhile. But he is doing better now.

The weekend is supposed to be yucky though. Sadly.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE the Ninga Turtle shot. My dad found one of Andrew's recently. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of my old toys are out at my parents house for the kids to play with. It's so fun seeing them play with them and enjoying them. It brings back an imagination within myself that I have forgotten I had. You are right. It's amazing what feelings old toys can bring back!

    The kids are getting so big! It's been too long! Ellis' hair is getting longer too! I love it!

    Keep posting! I enjoy hearing from you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Ellis had a great second birthday! I love the shot with Matt holding her, with your mom (?) smiling in the background. Timeless, and beautiful:) And if that is your mom, WOW you look so much like her!

    ReplyDelete