Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter


I love the winter. I love Christmas and the candles, snow falling and fires.

But as it does with most people, it wears me down.

I get tired. I get cabin fever. I miss warm breezes and I miss the sun.

I miss green in my photographs.

I miss walks.


But yesterday I took my three year old sledding at 8:30 in the morning. And we had a load of fun. And for a second I thought, "I'm going to miss this when it's seventy five out here."



My daughter watched. She won't sled. It's to "skeery." She got out the umbrella so she could stand under the falling snow. She hid under it with her baby; and as she does so many times every day of the year, she made me smile and grab my camera.



Awhile after, we went to visit my in laws. They had a snow day and made us lunch. On the way there, Asa told my that I had some really crazy silly grandparents, since they never wanted to play with me the way his grandpas love to play with him. My children have been so blessed with family and extended family that embrace them and are committed to teaching them and loving them.



Today we haven't taken any photos. But I did sort through the outgrown kids' clothes.

We had a nice romp at Chik-Fil-A, a nice nap, an exhausting workout, and then cuddles on my bed.

Definitely no complaints here. Just a cozy winter day with my littles.



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and your photos! Did you move to a larger home recently? It looks like a great neighborhood! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that last photo! Your kids are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete